You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur - Bad Change to Adding Photos to iMessage

Changing the way photos are added was a poorly thought out idea. For folks with less acute eyesight, this is a seriously backward step and very unnecessary on a MacBook where screen real estate is more plentiful than on a phone. Bad Apple! At least give us choices for the previous method or the new eye-wrenching, what is that photo, method.

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 10:33 AM

Howdy,

Oh wow, that is small. I'm so used to the Drag and Drop or Copy/Paste methods, like from the Finder or the Photos app, I hadn't really tried directly from Messages > App button > Photos.

Optionally, you can also drag photos or videos to the message field, or copy and paste them.

I guess I'll stick with Drag and Drop, Copy/Paste from the Finder, Photos, Pixelmator Pro, etc.

ivan

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2021 10:33 AM in response to gsownsby

Howdy,

Oh wow, that is small. I'm so used to the Drag and Drop or Copy/Paste methods, like from the Finder or the Photos app, I hadn't really tried directly from Messages > App button > Photos.

Optionally, you can also drag photos or videos to the message field, or copy and paste them.

I guess I'll stick with Drag and Drop, Copy/Paste from the Finder, Photos, Pixelmator Pro, etc.

ivan

Big Sur - Bad Change to Adding Photos to iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.