You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to switch off mouse left/right swipe activity in mail app

This is something that directs me away from using Magic Mouse 2 with my Mac. The swipe option was available in previous OS releases, but now it seems to be hidden or removed.

Simply - I don't want my mouse to react on swipe left/right when working with the Mail.app. This "feature" makes me crazy as I have too old fingers to be careful and precise enough with Magic Mouse.

I found out that - probably - BetterTouchTool will solve my problem but really!? - to switch off one option in one application, I have to purchase third-party software?

Regards

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 2:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 2:30 AM

Suggestion - System Preference >> Mouse and Disable Swipe between pages as per picture below

7 replies

Jun 13, 2021 5:03 AM in response to PRP_53

I very much appreciate your help, especially on Sunday. This is very kind and valuable.

As far as I see, this problem exists since many previous macOS releases; therefore, I don't believe if Apple Development treats this issue seriously. I had hope that the problem is not investigated in deep detail (e.g., not well-known configuration file).

Maybe it is a problem with the OS language version (which would be a huge surprise)? However, my quick check shows that not - but I don't have English OS installed from scratch.

Jun 13, 2021 6:32 AM in response to BigLynx

The Feature under discussion - Yes is present in Big Sur, Catalina and as far back as High Sierra. Do not think the chose of language for the OS has any affect. It is just a feature that is included in their OS for same time. As for if it will appear in the next OS Monterey - only Apple knows.

Thank you too :-))

how to switch off mouse left/right swipe activity in mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.