You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up my MacBook Pro to my Apple TV?

I recently purchased an Apple TV to easily mirror my screen from my MacBook Pro to my living room TV. I cannot find 'Airplay' to mirror my screen. Is there something I need to do to connect my MacBook Pro to my AppleTV?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 5:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 6:19 AM

Go to System Preferences > Screen and in the first tab Screen, at the bottom, you'll see AirPlay Screen. Make sure both the Mac and Apple TV are in the same wi-fi network so you'll find your Apple TV in the dropdown menu. Choose the Apple TV and type in the password shown on the TV to connect. You'll now see the icon on the Menu Bar, which is not the classic AirPlay rectangle with a triangle, it's just two rectangles. in there you'll find the options to mirror or extend the screen.

I tested it to get the right answer for you because the support articles got me a little confused.

P.S.: I believe Apple is touching things a bit on this area because there are differences between support articles in different languages. If you are curious enough 🙃

US version - Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

UK version - Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen – Apple Support (PT-BR version is also like this one)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2021 6:19 AM in response to Jveirs

Go to System Preferences > Screen and in the first tab Screen, at the bottom, you'll see AirPlay Screen. Make sure both the Mac and Apple TV are in the same wi-fi network so you'll find your Apple TV in the dropdown menu. Choose the Apple TV and type in the password shown on the TV to connect. You'll now see the icon on the Menu Bar, which is not the classic AirPlay rectangle with a triangle, it's just two rectangles. in there you'll find the options to mirror or extend the screen.

I tested it to get the right answer for you because the support articles got me a little confused.

P.S.: I believe Apple is touching things a bit on this area because there are differences between support articles in different languages. If you are curious enough 🙃

US version - Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

UK version - Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen – Apple Support (PT-BR version is also like this one)

How do I set up my MacBook Pro to my Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.