You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleWatch SE not recording my swimming activity.

My walking activity is recorded properly but my swimming activity only records a small percentage of the activity. I have tried recalibrating, disconnecting from my iphone, and every other method. How can I fix this?

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 7:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 7:28 AM

Is this an open water swim?;

Open Water Swim: GPS will only provide distance when you do a freestyle stroke. Water might prevent a heart-rate measurement, but calories will still be tracked using the built-in accelerometer."

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2021 7:28 AM in response to rsotolongo

Is this an open water swim?;

Open Water Swim: GPS will only provide distance when you do a freestyle stroke. Water might prevent a heart-rate measurement, but calories will still be tracked using the built-in accelerometer."

Jun 20, 2021 5:01 AM in response to rsotolongo

Apple Watch is not the device for open water swim. I tried a lot; restart my iPhone and Watch. Update all the software. Other party apps. Still it is impossible to get an accurate distance reading. 1 out of 4 open water swims is accurat. For the other 3 I”m swimming over land or the distance is appr 30% off. What a shame for such an expensive product. By the way, I always swim freestyle. I see posts going back to 2019. A shame Apple doesn’t take this problem more seriously. In the screenshot you see a part of my impossible swim today.

I tuinkers it is time to switch to an other product. Advice anyone?

AppleWatch SE not recording my swimming activity.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.