You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need urgent assistance to erase my phone using IME and not with "find my apple".

My new iPhone (12 pro max) was stolen and the thief hack

into the device (face recognition).

The first step I did is to change my apple id password.

I could see from other cell phones (friends and family) that

my stolen phone was online using my whatsapp app.

I Contacted my wireless carrier and they blocked my iPhone

and put it on  the blacklist in my

country.

I received a new sim card so I could use my previous iPhone

I can see that my stolen phone is currently in use as I can

see it updating the location in other country that didn’t blocked it.

I connect to the iCloude with my apple id in order to erase my

phone using “find my apple” application.

Login to my account but I could not find the iPhone on my

apple devices list.

Please help me to erase my phone using IMEI

How could they break into my phone although I have face recognition?

How they could disable “find my apple” feature, it is clear

that they would not take my iPhone if they didn’t have the ability to brake

into it and disabled “find my apple”

Please help me to erase my phone using IMEI

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 3:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 4:31 AM

As you have changed your Apple ID password, and presumably any other passwords, the thief can't make use of your accounts. Did you set up 'Find My iPhone' on it before it was stolen? if you didn't you won't be able to erase or locate it and you can't stop him signing in with his own Apple ID. Presumably you had 2 factor authentication set up for your Apple ID, so you should remove the phone from the list of trusted devices there. All this will prevent him from accessing any of your accounts but I don't think there's anything else you can do to stop him actually using it.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2021 4:31 AM in response to sagi272

As you have changed your Apple ID password, and presumably any other passwords, the thief can't make use of your accounts. Did you set up 'Find My iPhone' on it before it was stolen? if you didn't you won't be able to erase or locate it and you can't stop him signing in with his own Apple ID. Presumably you had 2 factor authentication set up for your Apple ID, so you should remove the phone from the list of trusted devices there. All this will prevent him from accessing any of your accounts but I don't think there's anything else you can do to stop him actually using it.

Jun 14, 2021 5:15 AM in response to sagi272

sagi272 wrote:

For sure I set 'Find My iPhone' 100% .
This thief is a professional,
He skipped the face recognition and change my Apple ID password that I'm using since 2011.

Thanks

It is much more likely that you fell for a phishing message and gave the thief your password by logging into a bogus iCloud / find my login page.

I need urgent assistance to erase my phone using IME and not with "find my apple".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.