You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanning with HP8600

Just all of a sudden when scanning with HP 8600 version 4.4.1 to MacBook Pro / Catalina version 10.15.7 my documents are black. My scans have been fine with these two versions until today. I did do an update since my last scan that was fine. But the updates only had to do with Photoshop and Raw Camera. Should I update HP version? I’ve read where some versions aren’t compatible with Catalina

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 6:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 6:35 AM

Go to the HP support page for this printer/ scanner, https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series---n9/4322914/model/4323658

It is supported in Catalina.

you can download the HP Easy Start app which when run should download and install the relevant drivers, and there

is a Firmware update from last year also.

When scanning are you noticing if the light on the scanning head/ transport is coming on.

Another thing to try is resetting the printing system.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2021 6:35 AM in response to DeDe2702

Go to the HP support page for this printer/ scanner, https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series---n9/4322914/model/4323658

It is supported in Catalina.

you can download the HP Easy Start app which when run should download and install the relevant drivers, and there

is a Firmware update from last year also.

When scanning are you noticing if the light on the scanning head/ transport is coming on.

Another thing to try is resetting the printing system.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Scanning with HP8600

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.