You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Friends App

I went to locate a my daughter in the Find My Friends app, but it said that “this person was not sharing their location”, and under devices, it said “Online, but not sharing location.” It wasn’t the common “Location Not Found”issue. Can the app just spontaneously stop sharing a persons location, or does that feature always have to be manually turned off by the user?

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 2:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 2:49 PM

mindymae21 wrote:

Can the app just spontaneously stop sharing a persons location, or does that feature always have to be manually turned off by the user?

The user likely turned it off.

If your daughter is young, her iPhone use could be restricted so she would be unable to turn it off.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2021 2:49 PM in response to mindymae21

mindymae21 wrote:

Can the app just spontaneously stop sharing a persons location, or does that feature always have to be manually turned off by the user?

The user likely turned it off.

If your daughter is young, her iPhone use could be restricted so she would be unable to turn it off.

Find My Friends App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.