You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Dolby Atmos option not available in my iPhone 12 ?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 3:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 3:59 PM

Do you subscribe to Apple Music? If you don't, that's why. If you do, make sure the following is followed:

About spatial audio with Dolby Atmos in Apple Music

If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can listen to select songs in spatial audio with Dolby Atmos. Get a multidimensional experience that goes beyond just listening to music and makes you feel like you’re inside of it. And listen on any headphones, the built-in speakers on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, and with Apple TV 4K.

Choose how to listen to Dolby Atmos on your iPhone or iPad

1. Update your iPhone or iPad to iOS or iPadOS 14.6
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Tap Music.
  4. Under Audio, tap Dolby Atmos. 
  5. Choose Automatic, Always On, or turn Dolby Atmos off.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2021 3:59 PM in response to sajankohli

Do you subscribe to Apple Music? If you don't, that's why. If you do, make sure the following is followed:

About spatial audio with Dolby Atmos in Apple Music

If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can listen to select songs in spatial audio with Dolby Atmos. Get a multidimensional experience that goes beyond just listening to music and makes you feel like you’re inside of it. And listen on any headphones, the built-in speakers on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, and with Apple TV 4K.

Choose how to listen to Dolby Atmos on your iPhone or iPad

1. Update your iPhone or iPad to iOS or iPadOS 14.6
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Tap Music.
  4. Under Audio, tap Dolby Atmos. 
  5. Choose Automatic, Always On, or turn Dolby Atmos off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.