You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot and Big Sur problems

Ever since I upgraded to Big Sur, hotspotting through 2 very new iphones is patchy. If the 9 month old MacBook turns its screen off (not goes to sleep) the hotspot is lost. Sometimes it doesn't show up until you get "personal hotspot" up on one of the phones, this never used to happen before Big Sur. All devices have latest OS

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 6:11 PM

4 replies

Jun 20, 2021 7:07 AM in response to Bauie

Bauie wrote:

This only started the moment I upgraded to Big Sur so I can only conclude it is a Big Sur issue. I hope they fix it soon as its quite annoying.

It seems with each update the hotspot interface/behavior changes in some manner. I have never seen a way to make any change here, except wait for the next update/upgrade.

You can submit feedback, you can submit a bug report, same link here: http://www.apple.com/feedback

In this latest update I no longer get a prompt to join hotspot, however now when I sleep the computer/ lid closed, the hot spot does not disconnect and stays connected...go figure

Jun 16, 2021 12:30 PM in response to Bauie

Hey Bauie,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities!

You may find some helpful steps to troubleshoot your hotspot issues in this article: If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular). Usually with most iOS devices in order to connect to the hotspot you do have to open the hotspot settings in order to allow a connection. If the connection is "patchy" then it would be best to troubleshoot the iPhones first for any issues.

Best Wishes.

Hotspot and Big Sur problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.