You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID iCloud.com password is different than my general Apple ID password.

Why is my Apple ID iCloud.com password different than my general Apple ID password? The iCloud.com password is a former password that I had used.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 6:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 1:20 AM

General Apple ID is say example1@gmail.com you created this mail address from web gmail server and then signed in Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support after that signed out apple ID and created a new Apple ID say example2@icloud.com it started working in Mac using previous account credentials How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Then this Apple ID password was changed Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

The general web mail password is still different on web server , at present the example2@icloud.com is signed in which the Apple ID password is changed .

Note : now example2@icloud.com is treated as Apple ID and functional , however the example1@gmail.com is acting like a web mail address , but it will be treated as apple id when you sign out example2@icloud.com and again sign in with example1@gmail.com

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2021 1:20 AM in response to nursemikec

General Apple ID is say example1@gmail.com you created this mail address from web gmail server and then signed in Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support after that signed out apple ID and created a new Apple ID say example2@icloud.com it started working in Mac using previous account credentials How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Then this Apple ID password was changed Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

The general web mail password is still different on web server , at present the example2@icloud.com is signed in which the Apple ID password is changed .

Note : now example2@icloud.com is treated as Apple ID and functional , however the example1@gmail.com is acting like a web mail address , but it will be treated as apple id when you sign out example2@icloud.com and again sign in with example1@gmail.com

My Apple ID iCloud.com password is different than my general Apple ID password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.