You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Apple ID and phone number notifications

In the last two weeks I’ve received two different notifications saying “Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPhone”.

Both times I’ve checked my devices list and seen no new devices, and have also not received any security emails from Apple. I also have 2FA turned on. The device names for the new logins match up too, albeit it’s just “iPhone”. I’ve changed my password just to be extra careful.

I’m also not sure if it is relevant, but my iPhone is only occasionally connected to WIFI, and when it is it is only for a very brief time. Idk if that may affect my phone connecting to the Apple servers, however the times when I get the notifications don’t really line up to when I have connected to WIFI.

So my question is, does anyone know what is causing this and should I be worried? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 7:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 7:58 PM

If there isn't any unknown device in your device list, you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, and you have changed your password, you don't have anything to worry about. Since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, they can't access your account unless they have access to one of your trusted devices.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 15, 2021 7:58 PM in response to Packersfan_10

If there isn't any unknown device in your device list, you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, and you have changed your password, you don't have anything to worry about. Since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, they can't access your account unless they have access to one of your trusted devices.

Random Apple ID and phone number notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.