You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot Issue

Hi folks, I am having major issues today with being unable to connect my iPhone personal hotspot with my macbookair..

Everything was running ok yesterday before closing it down, but this morning I get something completely different.

Upon looking to connect to my laptop I noticed that I was unable to connect as before.

I clicked on Mobile Data and there was now a ''blue'' tag with Set Up Personal Hotspot..

When clicked it says ''to enable personal hotspot on this account, contact your service provider''

I did that and they say it has nothing to do with them. My account supports the package for my phone. It must be with the device.

I have been through many youtube videos but still nothing is clear or solving the issue.

CAn anyone offer assistance or advice please, thanks.

MJ

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 1:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 2:01 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) all the troubleshooting steps provided in this support article:--> If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support, contact Apple Support using this link:--> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PRKEYS=PF9&category_id=SC0068&symptom_id=23245

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2021 2:01 AM in response to jacksonmi6

If you already tried (to no avail) all the troubleshooting steps provided in this support article:--> If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support, contact Apple Support using this link:--> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PRKEYS=PF9&category_id=SC0068&symptom_id=23245

Regards

Giulio

Personal Hotspot Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.