You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ONE YEAR FREE APPLE TV SUBSCRIPTION.

Hi I don't understand shy i'm been charged $ 4.35 for watching Freedom Writers movie last night. I subscribed to:

You accepted the following offer:AppApple tvSubscriptionApple TV +Acceptance date06/14/2021Trial periodFree for 1 year, starting 06/14/2021Subscription price$ 4.99 per month, effective 06/14/2022Way to payVisa .... 9262

Please help me with this issue!!!

THANKS

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 2:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 9:55 PM

You are confused about the free offer, it is for Apple TV + and not the Apple TV App. Please review what each is in www.apple.com/TV you will find that Apple has many offerings:

• Apple TV App (this is just a place where users can watch all types of paid for content, including Paramount +, Showtime, HBO etc... Each of these are paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not what you go a free offer for!!!!!!
  • Apple TV + : This is Apple's own content, this is normally $4.99 per month and is a small but rapidly growing library of content. This is you free offer assuming you redeemed it properly within 90 days of a qualifying product and do not already subscribe to Apple TV +. It is viewed in the Apple TV app.
  • Apple TV HD, this is hardware. It is Apple TV streaming box for streaming HD content.
  • Apple TV 4K, this is also hardware. It is a Apple Tv streaming box for streaming 4K content.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2021 9:55 PM in response to 62alicia

You are confused about the free offer, it is for Apple TV + and not the Apple TV App. Please review what each is in www.apple.com/TV you will find that Apple has many offerings:

• Apple TV App (this is just a place where users can watch all types of paid for content, including Paramount +, Showtime, HBO etc... Each of these are paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not what you go a free offer for!!!!!!
  • Apple TV + : This is Apple's own content, this is normally $4.99 per month and is a small but rapidly growing library of content. This is you free offer assuming you redeemed it properly within 90 days of a qualifying product and do not already subscribe to Apple TV +. It is viewed in the Apple TV app.
  • Apple TV HD, this is hardware. It is Apple TV streaming box for streaming HD content.
  • Apple TV 4K, this is also hardware. It is a Apple Tv streaming box for streaming 4K content.

Jun 16, 2021 2:36 PM in response to 62alicia

Not every single show on the Apple TV app is free, even with a subscription, if the show is chargeable it will come up with the option to Buy/Rent and then a price, you will then have to confirm the payment.

I have taken a look for you and "Freedom Writers" is coming up as a chargeable show.

You could potentially try and claim a refund by contacting Apple's Form > Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple – Apple Support however this isn't guaranteed and it is up to whether Apple allow the refund or not.

ONE YEAR FREE APPLE TV SUBSCRIPTION.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.