You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WILL Music on my Itunes Account automatically be on Itunes when I redownload it on a NEW PC?

HELP! My Windows-based, desktop PC died, so I have to get a new one.

Will all of my music that I had on my previous PC on iTunes(dozens of CD's I had uploaded, copied over, and many albums & songs I bought & downloaded, to ITunes), once I download iTunes on my new PC & sign into my ITunes Account, my question is....

WILL All of my music(uploads, transfers and purchased & downloaded music be their in my Itunes account?

*Because I downloaded I-Tunes, signed in, and my account is EMPTY! Nothing is their, not even my bought and downloaded albums and songs.......yet, ALL my movies that I bought, and be it Movies Anywhere, etc...are shown in my account under, Purchases...but not 1 song is!

Please help and advise

Thank you kindly!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 8:56 AM

If you purchased music from the iTunes Store, then once you sign into your iTunes Store account, you will be able to download those songs. But other music, from CDs, other digital stores etc. will not be there, it's nothing to do with the iTunes Store or your iTunes Store account.

iTunes, and the iTunes Store are two separate things: iTunes lists all the music you add to it, not matter where you bought it, while the iTunes Store is where you can re-download music purchased from there. The iTunes Store is similar to buying music from Amazon.

So, where do you go from here?

Well, first of all, is your music on an iPod, iPad or iPhone? If so, there are ways to retrieve the music from them but it is not straightforward. You cannot simply transfer music form such devices back to iTunes. The solutions that enable this will cost money (apart from a few free goes)*. Did you ever make a backup of your music, onto an external hard drive for example, or to online (cloud) storage? If so, use that. For any of the non-iTunes Store purchases that you are unable to find, you will have to resort to:

• purchases from Amazon, or other online stores, go to your account with that store and download the songs again
    • songs directly from artist websites, go back to those
    • personal recordings - bad news, unless you have a backup, you've almost certainly lost them (unless you resort to the recover music from iPod route)

* If you want more information about recovering the music from a portable Apple device, read this article, from user tt2: Recover your iTunes library from your iPo… - Apple Community

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2021 8:56 AM in response to HASKELL420

If you purchased music from the iTunes Store, then once you sign into your iTunes Store account, you will be able to download those songs. But other music, from CDs, other digital stores etc. will not be there, it's nothing to do with the iTunes Store or your iTunes Store account.

iTunes, and the iTunes Store are two separate things: iTunes lists all the music you add to it, not matter where you bought it, while the iTunes Store is where you can re-download music purchased from there. The iTunes Store is similar to buying music from Amazon.

So, where do you go from here?

Well, first of all, is your music on an iPod, iPad or iPhone? If so, there are ways to retrieve the music from them but it is not straightforward. You cannot simply transfer music form such devices back to iTunes. The solutions that enable this will cost money (apart from a few free goes)*. Did you ever make a backup of your music, onto an external hard drive for example, or to online (cloud) storage? If so, use that. For any of the non-iTunes Store purchases that you are unable to find, you will have to resort to:

• purchases from Amazon, or other online stores, go to your account with that store and download the songs again
    • songs directly from artist websites, go back to those
    • personal recordings - bad news, unless you have a backup, you've almost certainly lost them (unless you resort to the recover music from iPod route)

* If you want more information about recovering the music from a portable Apple device, read this article, from user tt2: Recover your iTunes library from your iPo… - Apple Community

Jun 18, 2021 9:12 AM in response to the fiend

Ahh gotcha! I do have *most* of my music stored on an Ext HD, but there are songs I downloaded from other sites & stores, that, as noted, I will have to re download from those sites.

I assumed once I had my songs on I-Tunes, they'd automatically be their since those music files were downloaded and or, copied over to Itunes! Clearly I was mistaken.

Thank you for your assistance!!

(side note, I do not own an Apple Products! No iPhone, no iPod, or iPad, lol)

WILL Music on my Itunes Account automatically be on Itunes when I redownload it on a NEW PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.