You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone on MacBook Air M1 not working

Hello,

I have noticed that my microphone is not working, I have tried to use Siri and message comes up saying "Siri Audio Problem". I also tried FaceTime and person on other end could not hear anything.

When I restarted the pc, it seemed to work but later stops.

I do not have any 3rd party applications installed.

Regards

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 10:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 4:02 AM

Check in System Preferences >> Sound >> Input and make sure the Internal Microphone is selected. If it does not appear as a choice - depending on how recent the purchase was and if directly from Apple - there is a 14 Day Return Policy. Log into your Apple Store Account and find the purchase of this device and its' date and request a Return. Apple will send the required packaging with instruction for a Return for Full Purchase Price.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2021 4:02 AM in response to EmileSyzdakov

Check in System Preferences >> Sound >> Input and make sure the Internal Microphone is selected. If it does not appear as a choice - depending on how recent the purchase was and if directly from Apple - there is a 14 Day Return Policy. Log into your Apple Store Account and find the purchase of this device and its' date and request a Return. Apple will send the required packaging with instruction for a Return for Full Purchase Price.

Microphone on MacBook Air M1 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.