You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am facing a problem of installing my printer on MacBook Air (M1, 2020) macOS Big Sur version 11.2.2

I have an HP Laserjet 1319 MFP. After downloading the driver, when I tried to install, I get a message saying "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update"

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 10:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 3:39 AM

Check with the Maker of this Device for Apple Big Sur Specific drivers.

AirPrint compatible Printers . Check if your printer is listed and then no printer drivers need to be installed or used.

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network

As an aside - mentioning running Big Sur 11.2.2 - there is an update 11.4 available and should be installed for security purposes

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2021 3:39 AM in response to SB68

Check with the Maker of this Device for Apple Big Sur Specific drivers.

AirPrint compatible Printers . Check if your printer is listed and then no printer drivers need to be installed or used.

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network

As an aside - mentioning running Big Sur 11.2.2 - there is an update 11.4 available and should be installed for security purposes

Jun 18, 2021 4:29 AM in response to SB68

Hi,

Would this be the HP LaserJet M1319 MFP Series printer?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01127238.pdf

If so, you may want to try the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS (Post Date: Dec 11, 2020) download from Apple (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US). An HP LaserJet M1319f version1.6.1 driver is mentioned in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

It can be a good idea to reset the printing system and re-add the printer first.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

For scanning you may have to look for software elsewhere, if necessary.

I am facing a problem of installing my printer on MacBook Air (M1, 2020) macOS Big Sur version 11.2.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.