You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Issues with IOS 14.4-6

Since IOS 14.4 (or 14.5, I cant remember when), I've been having significant issues with Apple Music on IOS with my iPhone XS. Before things were great and everything worked normally. 14.4(5?) came out and introduced basically an list of issues with Apple Music, most noticeable in Car Play but also across Bluetooth connections. You would hit play on Radio or streamed music and nothing would happen. On CarPlay you'll see the spinning icon in the upper right like there is no signal, even when I have full signal. Sometimes a song would start playing, only to stop a few seconds later, and then repeat this process. What's weird is the progress bar shows the song is continuing to progress, you're just not hearing anything. Also when the song does come back it's where it should be in the song. Another issue is playing a Radio station for example, songs will take up to 1 minute to start playing, and then if you skip you have the same issue, and add in the other issues as well.

I've tried Spotify during these times with no issues at all, so I definitely don't think its signal related. Also during these times Map's and everything else functions correctly. I've also tested this on different CarPlay systems and its consistent across all so its definitely my phone. It has been consistent across every IOS version since it started. Unfortunately I cant remember exactly when it did start though.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm about ready to just do a factory reset but I hate to do that unless I have to. Thanks.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 5:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 9:14 AM

Hi darthsouth,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about Apple Music. Rest assured that we'll do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that you are experiencing audio interruptions when listening to Apple Music via CarPlay or Bluetooth devices. The article below may help.

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2021 9:14 AM in response to darthsouth

Hi darthsouth,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about Apple Music. Rest assured that we'll do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that you are experiencing audio interruptions when listening to Apple Music via CarPlay or Bluetooth devices. The article below may help.

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Apple Music Issues with IOS 14.4-6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.