You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I alphabetise my apps automatically?

Is there a way of sorting my apps into alphabetical order without going through and doing it app by app myself??

iPhone SE

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 4:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 4:38 PM

Settings->General->Reset->Reset Home Screen Layout. This will put Apple default apps in their default locations, and alphabetize all third party Apps. This also has the side effect of breaking all custom folders you may have made.

If you need an alphabetized list for some reason and don’t want to destroy custom folders and organization, you can swipe to the last home screen to access App Library, and tap on the search bar at the top. It will then list all apps in alphabetical order.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2021 4:38 PM in response to Ryski-k

Settings->General->Reset->Reset Home Screen Layout. This will put Apple default apps in their default locations, and alphabetize all third party Apps. This also has the side effect of breaking all custom folders you may have made.

If you need an alphabetized list for some reason and don’t want to destroy custom folders and organization, you can swipe to the last home screen to access App Library, and tap on the search bar at the top. It will then list all apps in alphabetical order.

How do I alphabetise my apps automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.