You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a IPhoto Library from 2007 that I would like to open with the current version of Photo. I tried with IPhoto Library Upgrader but it is not working, it seems to be to old for my system (macOS Big Sur 11.4). Please I need some help!!!!

Dear all, I have a IPhoto Library from 2007 that I would like to open with the current version of Photo. I tried with IPhoto Library Upgrader, downloading it from Support, but it is not working, it seems to be too old for my system (macOS Big Sur 11.4). Please I need some help!!!!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 12:03 PM

2007 could still be 9.6. Have you tried launching Photos with the option key held down? Choose your iPhoto Library.

If you do need to use the updater, you will have to get a Mac running Mojave or lower with a system that allows 32 bit apps.

3 replies

Jun 23, 2021 11:25 PM in response to GioLux

Photos can open libraries, that have been upgraded at least to iPhoto 8 (iLife ´09) or iPhoto 9 (iLife ´11). Only older versions need to be prepared with the iPhoto Library upgrader.

The oldest version that Photos can handle - iPhoto 8 (iLife ´09) has been released in January 2009. If your iPhoto library has last been modified in2007, it is probably an iPhoto 7 version (iLife '08) and too old to be upgraded directly by Photos.

If you cannot find or borrow a Mac with an older system version, where you can run the iPhoto Library upgrader tool, you could try to extract the photos from the library by looking at the package contents. CTRL-click the library and select "Show package contents" and look for folders with photos in them.

I have a IPhoto Library from 2007 that I would like to open with the current version of Photo. I tried with IPhoto Library Upgrader but it is not working, it seems to be to old for my system (macOS Big Sur 11.4). Please I need some help!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.