You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage issues after setting up iCloud

I have set up iCloud on my Mac and my iPhone due to them both being full. How to I clear space now on my phone and iMac? It’s mainly photos that’s taking up all the room but if I delete them from my phone they also delete from iCloud.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 7:43 PM

The_mal86 Said:

"Storage issues after setting up iCloud: I have set up iCloud on my Mac and my iPhone due to them both being full. How to I clear space now on my phone and iMac? It’s mainly photos that’s taking up all the room but if I delete them from my phone they also delete from iCloud."

-------

Try the Following:

I. On Both the iPhone and Mac:

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

II. On the iPhone Alone:

III. On the Mac Alone:

• Delete: Extremely Large Files (i.e. Virtual Machines)
  • Empty: the Trash
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2021 7:43 PM in response to The_mal86

The_mal86 Said:

"Storage issues after setting up iCloud: I have set up iCloud on my Mac and my iPhone due to them both being full. How to I clear space now on my phone and iMac? It’s mainly photos that’s taking up all the room but if I delete them from my phone they also delete from iCloud."

-------

Try the Following:

I. On Both the iPhone and Mac:

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

II. On the iPhone Alone:

III. On the Mac Alone:

• Delete: Extremely Large Files (i.e. Virtual Machines)
  • Empty: the Trash

Storage issues after setting up iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.