You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not charging

My iPhone would charge normally when I'm not using it. But whenever I use it whilst charging, the battery percentage just doesn't move and when I try to restart my phone, the battery percentage is like 2-3% less than what it was before restarting. It would only continue charing when the phone is completey shut down. It happens on all chargers I try to use.

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 1:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 8:04 AM

Hello there Galamiton24,

We understand your iPhone is not charging as expected and seems to be not performing as expected. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, if you're using a support model, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, do you see any service battery warnings at all? This can help indicate any obvious hardware issues with your iPhone's battery.

In the meantime, what kinds of app(s) are you using when you notice happening? The reason we ask is if you're using a graphics or processor intensive app, your iPhone may slow or pause charging to manage temperatures or those processes may use more power than what is supplied by the power adapter safely: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Otherwise, we'd suggest following the rest of these steps here: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge

If issues persist, then you'll need to have your iPhone serviced. If that's the case, contact Apple Support or make an appointment at your closest Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store: Find Locations.

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2021 8:04 AM in response to Galamiton24

Hello there Galamiton24,

We understand your iPhone is not charging as expected and seems to be not performing as expected. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, if you're using a support model, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, do you see any service battery warnings at all? This can help indicate any obvious hardware issues with your iPhone's battery.

In the meantime, what kinds of app(s) are you using when you notice happening? The reason we ask is if you're using a graphics or processor intensive app, your iPhone may slow or pause charging to manage temperatures or those processes may use more power than what is supplied by the power adapter safely: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Otherwise, we'd suggest following the rest of these steps here: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge

If issues persist, then you'll need to have your iPhone serviced. If that's the case, contact Apple Support or make an appointment at your closest Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store: Find Locations.

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

iPhone not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.