You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data

I try to get on the internet when I’m out of range of my WiFi and the phone tells me that my data is turned off and go to settings when I do everything is turned on but it still can’t access the internet

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 1:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 1:40 PM

Check carefully under Settings > Cellular.

• Cellular Data must be “on”.
  • Other settings at Settings > Cellular may be involved if you are roaming.
  • You must have a cellular data provision in your cellular plan.
4 replies

Jun 20, 2021 6:50 PM in response to Higglet58

Higglet58 Said:

"Data: My iPhone tells me my data is turned off when I check everything is turned on but it. Won’t let me use the internet"

-------

Update Via your Computer:

If see you have iOS13. So, see if an update fixes this. Try using your computer, if using an iPhone is of no option. Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Screenshot:

Jun 20, 2021 2:06 PM in response to Higglet58

Higglet58 Said:

"Data: I try to get on the internet when I’m out of range of my WiFi and the phone tells me that my data is turned off and go to settings when I do everything is turned on but it still can’t access the internet"

-------

Two Thoughts:

A. Try Using a Range Extender:

If you were to amplify your Wi-Fi signal, it could be accessed a bit further. So, you would plug in a range extender to amplify it. Plug it into a wall. Make sure that its speed is at least that of your router you are using now.

B/ Upgrading your Router:

Also,, consider upgrading your router to one of high-speed, and strong signals (Netgear Nighthawk is a great example). It is a bit up there in price, but it might suit your needs for signal strength.

Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.