You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus

I was reading a book and accidentally clicked on something on the website. Right after, i got a ton of messages in my calendar saying I had a Trojan virus on my phone and to click on the link to download an app. Is this just a fake scam?

iPhone 7, 14

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 5:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 5:55 PM

It is indeed a scam.

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2021 5:55 PM in response to AmacieS2

It is indeed a scam.

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

Jun 20, 2021 5:54 PM in response to AmacieS2

You got tricked into installing a rogue calendar; your phone does not have a virus.

If your phone has iOS 13 or earlier: Go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts, look under Subscribed Calendars, tap on the offending calendar and delete it.

If your phone has iOS 14: Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts, Tap Subscribed Calendars, tap on the offending calendar and delete it.

And in the future beware of "free" offers

Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.