You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and Apple Watch not playing nice with my wake up alarm

I wear my watch (Apple watch 5) when I go to bed so I can track my sleep, but I also have to charge my iphone 11 nightly because I use it all day. However when my wake-up alarm goes off, it ONLY goes off on my watch. Disclaimer for full transparency, I usually have the sound off on my watch bc I feel the sounds mostly unnecessarily annoying for use during the day and at night I put it on theatre mode to save battery and to be considerate to my wife.

back to my issue: Most times I feel the gentle buzz on my wrist but there has been numerous times that I’ve been in too deep asleep to feel the alarm and I miss it. I am the type of person who purchased the most annoyingly loud alarm to make sure it gets me up in the morning. However, when my phone is charging on my Qi charger it makes ZERO sound for the alarm only on wake-up mode (Sleep interface in health). My wife does not use her phone as much and when it is not charging it rings along with her watch. What setting am I missing here?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 12:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 1:14 AM

Check the section See the same alarms on both iPhone and Apple Watch in this article:

Add an alarm on Apple Watch - Apple Support

However, if that is not the ideal mode of operation in your case, you could suggest an enhancement for future releases right here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies

iPhone and Apple Watch not playing nice with my wake up alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.