You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download RAW files from Canon R6 to Photos

When I download RAW images from my Canon R6 to Photos they show up as grey squares. The JPEG images work fine. Is it possible to import RAW images from this camera to Photos? I have BIG SUR and the firmware on the camera is up to date.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 3:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 9:50 AM

The RAW support page for Big Sur is showing your camera as supported. Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

But Apple does not necessarily support all RAW formats a camera can use. Some users reported, that they can process CR2 but not CR3. You may want to try out all variants of uncompressed RAW your camera offers.

BTW, the signature below your question is stating "macOS 10.12", but the text of your question is stating Big Sur. Did you update to the last version of Big Sur?

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2021 9:50 AM in response to CC2422

The RAW support page for Big Sur is showing your camera as supported. Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

But Apple does not necessarily support all RAW formats a camera can use. Some users reported, that they can process CR2 but not CR3. You may want to try out all variants of uncompressed RAW your camera offers.

BTW, the signature below your question is stating "macOS 10.12", but the text of your question is stating Big Sur. Did you update to the last version of Big Sur?

Can't download RAW files from Canon R6 to Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.