You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to get lost data back!

The storage on my phone was pretty full. I was trying to delete some stuff and the phone wouldn’t delete anything. I decided to turn the phone off thinking I would turn it back on and all would be fine. However, the phone wouldn’t come back on..it was stuck on the screen with the Apple logo. So, my husband decided to plug it in to the computer and update it. Well, I basically got a brand new phone. Lost all my photos, videos, notes, contacts, apps..

I’m really upset about losing my photos and videos because I had thousands on there of my kids. Anyway, all of that, to say is there any way I can recover the data even though I didn’t have it backed up?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 4:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 4:44 AM

BrePin91 wrote:

The storage on my phone was pretty full. I was trying to delete some stuff and the phone wouldn’t delete anything. I decided to turn the phone off thinking I would turn it back on and all would be fine. However, the phone wouldn’t come back on..it was stuck on the screen with the Apple logo. So, my husband decided to plug it in to the computer and update it. Well, I basically got a brand new phone. Lost all my photos, videos, notes, contacts, apps..
I’m really upset about losing my photos and videos because I had thousands on there of my kids. Anyway, all of that, to say is there any way I can recover the data even though I didn’t have it backed up?

Sorry, but without a backup, there is nowhere to recover the photos or the other data. It is gone now.

You might want to consider nightly iCloud backups which when enabled, will take place when your phone is plugged into power to charge, connected to WIFi and the screen is locked.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2021 4:44 AM in response to BrePin91

BrePin91 wrote:

Sorry, but without a backup, there is nowhere to recover the photos or the other data. It is gone now.

You might want to consider nightly iCloud backups which when enabled, will take place when your phone is plugged into power to charge, connected to WIFi and the screen is locked.

Trying to get lost data back!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.