You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification failed on FireTv (not the stick)

i have a Insignia™ - 65" Class F30 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV, (FireTv is built in) and am also getting the verification failed error. the app seems to work fine, all other apps can connect and stream fine. as soon as i click "sign in on mobile device" i get the error that verification failed. this is before i can even input anything. i verified with Amazon support that the Tv is fully updated. still no luck though.

Apple TV

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 12:20 PM

as soon as i click "sign in on mobile device" i get the error that verification failed.

Are you using your own iPhone or iPad for this procedure? The whole point of the mobile procedure is to input a validated Apple ID account without typing.

Alternatively, try signing in manually, without mobile device.

If you are using a new Apple ID account, then the account information may be incomplete, and you may need to add details.

Secure transmissions need a relatively accurate timestamp. So also verify that the TV has the correct date, time, and timezone.

Let you devices get automatic DNS from your router, and let your router use regular automatic DNS from your ISP, so that all needed host names are resolved without selective blocking or other irregularities.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2021 12:20 PM in response to DVDCCHN

as soon as i click "sign in on mobile device" i get the error that verification failed.

Are you using your own iPhone or iPad for this procedure? The whole point of the mobile procedure is to input a validated Apple ID account without typing.

Alternatively, try signing in manually, without mobile device.

If you are using a new Apple ID account, then the account information may be incomplete, and you may need to add details.

Secure transmissions need a relatively accurate timestamp. So also verify that the TV has the correct date, time, and timezone.

Let you devices get automatic DNS from your router, and let your router use regular automatic DNS from your ISP, so that all needed host names are resolved without selective blocking or other irregularities.

Jul 9, 2021 9:30 PM in response to DVDCCHN

I have the same problem. I spoke to Insignia tech support, who couldn't help and then referred me to Amazon Fire TV tech support, who also couldn't help, and then referred me to Apple tech support-- who also couldn't help.

I have tried all of the recommended 'fixes' and nothing has worked.

It's really frustrating and hard to believe Amazon and Apple can't get this fixed.

Aug 3, 2021 8:06 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I’m having the same problem when trying to log into AppleTV on my brand new Insignia TV. All of my other apps work (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc). I cannot even begin to sign in using a mobile device (“Verification Failed” appears right away) and when I try to enter my Apple ID and PW on the television I get the same “Verification Failed” message. My tv is showing the correct date and time and time zone and the software is up to date. Frustrating, since I just bought this TV so that I can watch these streaming apps, including AppleTV+.

Aug 5, 2021 11:11 AM in response to TuaFan1

Hmmm... seems like it should work. Just a couple of random thoughts... I don't know if it was my imagination but on the two Insignia TV's I updated it seemed like there was a separate update for the remotes. I wouldn't think that would matter regarding the AppleTV issue, but you might double check that too. Also, make sure you've done a hard reset on the television, unplug it for 30 seconds and then try again.

Unfortunately I don't have access to my Insignia TV's at the moment so I can't verify the version, but I'll look at it next week and post it just in case it's different than yours.

Verification failed on FireTv (not the stick)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.