You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use photos library

Coming from the PC world, having an iPhone for years, I now have a Macbook. Cool. I also have pictures all over everywhere. I see a thing called photos library. Where can I read up on putting all these images into the Library? I want to consolidate my collections into One Place (The library, I presume.) I have a larger iCloud account, so I know there'll be room. I'll worry about deleting dupes later; right now I just want to eliminate the confused directory structure I'm looking at...without deleting anything inadvertently. All help appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 2:14 PM

3 replies

Jun 23, 2021 4:59 PM in response to KenTenTen

When you open Photos you can uses File->import to library to import a lot of images at one time.

I suggest you just import a few images and play with it for a while.

Note that the default and *HIGHLY* recommended way of using Photos is to let it manage the images. Therefore, once you import the image you delete the "original" since there is a copy of the original safely in the library.

How do I use photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.