You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.5 and 14.6 Slow Connection ,and can’t refresh quickly

After ios 14.5 refresh rate slow , when quickly double click the refresh button on both safari, chrome ,Firefox and all other browsers, it hang.

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 7:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 8:38 PM

Generally, slow responses from the Internet can be due to bandwidth issues, or your individual internet speeds. I also recommended you check your free space on the device. That can cause issues, as well as the need to clear your cache, cookies and browser history.

6 replies

Jun 24, 2021 8:30 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I updated to IOS 14.6 , I know you only need to click one for refresh , but for some applications , like getting a ticket , you need to refresh at a particular time e.g. 09:30 to get into the queue. Then you need to refresh quickly in order to get into the queue. If you click quickly after IOS 14.5 , it will hang , you can try to search ‘cat ‘ in google using safari , you click one , the page will slowly appear , if you double click it or click the refresh botton quickly , it will hang the page

Jun 25, 2021 11:12 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks , I try it with many devices , when you open safari , just search “cat” . If you are using IOS 14.6 you still have a refresh button . You press once , then you will see it will refresh , but the progress blue bar will slowly move from left to right. If you then click the refresh button quickly two to three time continuous. The page will hang with a white page. It happen in all Apple devices e.g. IPhone 7, 8 9 12 , iPad Pro M1 . The reason for me to quickly click the refresh button is to get ticket at particular time . It require you to refresh the page , so that you can get into the queue for the ticket. I think ebay bidding also have the same requirement to refresh to submit your bid. Please try double tap your refresh button.

IOS 14.5 and 14.6 Slow Connection ,and can’t refresh quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.