You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual 24" 1080p monitors with a mid-2014 13" Macbook Pro Retina and a docking station

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to connect my super old mid-2014 Macbook Pro Retina with a docking station to set up dual monitors (1080p, 24"). Its spec is:

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
    • MacSafe2 Power port
    • Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
    • Two Thunderbolt 2 ports (up to 20 Gbps)
    • 1 HDMI port
    • 2 USB 3 ports  (up to 5 Gbps)

I am really new to this, so it would be really grateful if someone could recommend:

• docking station that has 2 HDMI, 3 USB 3 ports to connect this macbook pro with two monitors
  • what cables to buy to hook up everything to make the dual monitor setup work.
  • how to set up the dual monitors

Also, which port should I use to connect my macbook pro with the monitor through a docking station?

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 12:11 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 25, 2021 7:06 PM in response to honeyjoo

Hi there honeyjoo,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to know about connecting multiple monitors to your Mac. Follow the instructions in this article to make sure your Mac can support the displays you want to use: Connect a display to your Mac. That article will also show you how to properly connect multiple monitors to your Mac and set them up.

We hope this helps!

Dual 24" 1080p monitors with a mid-2014 13" Macbook Pro Retina and a docking station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.