You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Readying for Trade-In Problem.

I've followed all the steps required to prep my MacBook Pro for trade-in. After erasing the hard-drive and re-installing the latest OS, I've returned to find a screen that is asking me to "Choose Network". Is this supposed to happen as part of the downloading process is it part of the set-up assistant? I'm unable to shut down using Command-Q so I'm assuming it's still part of the download.

Apple advises: "After macOS installation has been completed, the Mac will restart to a setup assistant that will ask you to choose a country or region. To leave the Mac in an out-of-box state, don't continue the setup process. Instead, press Command-Q to shut down the Mac. When the new owner turns on the Mac, the setup assistant will guide them through the setup process."

At a loss, and would appreciate some help. TIA.

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 12:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 1:57 PM

Thanks for your help! Couldn't Quit, so turned the MacBook off, then back on again and the download completed successfully to the start of the set-up assistant. All good. I have no idea what the choose network message was - unless it had begun the new set-up process.

Similar questions

2 replies

Readying for Trade-In Problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.