You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air is completly dead and charger will not light up

My 2013 Macbook Air ran out of battery last night so I popped it on charge for a while and came back to turn it on. It was still dead. I could not even press the power button to get the empty battery notification. Looking at the charger the little red light was also not lit up to identify charging.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you think it is a battery issue or a PC issue?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 1:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 7:40 AM

Hi Tracygascoigne,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Sounds like your Mac won't power on and will not charge, do we have that tight? There are a few things you can try in order to resolve this. Check out the following resources:

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook

If your Mac doesn't turn on

If your battery won’t charge

Hope that helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2021 7:40 AM in response to Tracygascoigne

Hi Tracygascoigne,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Sounds like your Mac won't power on and will not charge, do we have that tight? There are a few things you can try in order to resolve this. Check out the following resources:

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook

If your Mac doesn't turn on

If your battery won’t charge

Hope that helps!

Macbook Air is completly dead and charger will not light up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.