You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby ATMOS not stable, drops out and/or Dolby ATMOS option disappears in Audio settings.

Dolby ATMOS is intermittent on my ATV 4K 1st Gen with 14.6. ATV frequently but randomly just stops sending ATMOS to my receiver. Audio Format = Auto. I can recover ATMOS by cycling Audio Format to On which gives you Dolby Digital 5.1, then cycle Audio Format back to OFF, then restarting ATV. Other times the Dolby ATMOS option just disappears from the the Audio Format and of course is then not recoverable via a Restart.

I truly don't understand how the actual Dolby ATMOS option can randomly drop from the Menu as if the software has changed?

Appreciate any feedback, the Dolby ATMOS is a wonderful feature in ATV, particularly in the Spatial Audio Selections in Apple Music, WOW!

My equipment:

ATV 4K 1st GEN tvOS 14.6

Onkyo TXNR696

LG OLED55C9AUA

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 10:52 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 27, 2021 11:31 AM in response to Bill9102

Hi there, Bill9102! Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are running into some issues with Dolby Atmos audio no your Apple TV. We definitely understand that not having reliable access to that setting can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing this article to make sure everything is set up as it should be: Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Dolby ATMOS not stable, drops out and/or Dolby ATMOS option disappears in Audio settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.