You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spyware

My ex girlfriend installed a few spy tracking apps on my old XR , web watcher , and itrack to name a few , as well she had my apple id password too , when I synced my data to my iPhone 12 pro I believe all the spyware came with it ! I obviously didn't know until after , I have since changed my apple id password and added two factor identification , but I'm not sure exactly what software or what I should do at this point - my phone is still doing the odd things that it did before !

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 1:14 PM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2021 2:50 PM in response to Bocco73

Best to assume all is compromised, reset all passwords, wipe and re-install OS and apps from known-good distributions, remember to reset the password-reset paths such as the email accounts you use to get password reset requests and the PIN or password associated with your cellular carrier. This includes firmware and passwords for routers and other network-connected devices, too. Having your Apple ID means having all your passwords, if iCloud Keychain was in use. Also check for unrecognized devices associated with your Apple ID, any use of Family Sharing, and any location-tracking approvals, too.

The official Apple doc closest to this : Device and Data Access when Personal Safety is At Risk

Jun 26, 2021 2:50 PM in response to Bocco73

I cannot really answer a question about a Mac. You are better off asking that question in the MacBook Pro forum. I'm mostly a PC user, and have just recently gotten a MacBook Air. However, in my opinion, if it was my computer and I felt it could be compromised, I would restore it, hoping I had a backup from before I felt it may have been compromised.

Spyware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.