You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos not showing up on imess

I have a new MacBook Air running Big Sur and photos will not show up in messages.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 7:00 AM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2021 10:27 PM in response to a brody

What do you mean by A lot has to do with the sender's use MMS versus SMS. Apple's iMessage only supports one standard on the computer?

I have the same problem on a new MacBook Pro. I tried signing out and back into iMessage, restarting my Mac, and even verifying that I had MMS enabled on my iPhone, low quality mode is off, but nothing seems to be working. It is not just the pictures that are being sent to me, but also the ones I have sent from my own iPhone that are not showing up on my Mac. I am using macOS 11.4. And to add to the problem some pictures will show up, but most will not show up.

photos not showing up on imess

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.