You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i locate my ipad on my computer

I forgot my passcode for my ipad! I need to reset it however, I do not know how to locate it on my PC to do so. Sorry, I am not good on computers! Old lady! I plugged in into PC but it doesnt come up.

Thank you for any help I can get!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 8:45 AM

You will need to have a PC with iTunes installed. If you don't already have iTunes, see the following: Download and use iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Then turn off the iPad before connecting and then hold down the Home button if your iPad has one or the top button if it doesn't have a Home button. Keep holding it until you see the recovery screen. Click on the following for complete instructions: If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2021 8:45 AM in response to ipad77help

You will need to have a PC with iTunes installed. If you don't already have iTunes, see the following: Download and use iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Then turn off the iPad before connecting and then hold down the Home button if your iPad has one or the top button if it doesn't have a Home button. Keep holding it until you see the recovery screen. Click on the following for complete instructions: If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

how do i locate my ipad on my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.