You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hp 6400 printer and iphone prints too large. printer options on iphone doesnt do anything. how to change print size from iphone?

My iphone prints enormous to my HP 6400. There is a "print options " on the top bar right before you print but tapping the options does nothing. I've tried to find a way to change the size on the HP app but nothing there. There has to be a way to change the size on the print. ?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 12:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 12:20 PM

AirPrint uses your printer’s tray settings, meaning the size of the printer is dictated by your printer default settings. Typically if a size of a print isn’t right, then very likely your printer is set to use wrong paper size format or it is set to print pictures, not documents type files.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201387

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2021 12:20 PM in response to Eyris267

AirPrint uses your printer’s tray settings, meaning the size of the printer is dictated by your printer default settings. Typically if a size of a print isn’t right, then very likely your printer is set to use wrong paper size format or it is set to print pictures, not documents type files.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201387

hp 6400 printer and iphone prints too large. printer options on iphone doesnt do anything. how to change print size from iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.