You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 3 months old MacBook Pro 16 inch has a busted left speaker

My 3 months old MacBook Pro 16 inch has a busted left speaker. Apple repair centre of Gurugram, India confirms it. However I do not want a repair on my MacBook Pro, I want a replacement. Apple Customer support is not taking my request for replacement and neither is there a mechanism to escalate this issue.

This is the most expensive MacBook Pro with upgraded specs. Its just 3 months old. Apple wants me to accept the free repair in warranty and use a refurbished product for the remaining 9 months. Well I paid for a new product and was promised that it will run the way I bought it for 12 months.

This is unacceptable!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 3:38 AM

10 replies

Jun 29, 2021 9:43 PM in response to dominic23

Hi

As mentioned in my post, I did contact customer support India and they have refused a replacement request. I am unwilling to get by brand new MacBook Pro repaired and then use a refurbished product for the remaining 9 months of the warranty period.

Who can I contact regarding the replacement request as is mentioned in your warranty clause - point ii (screen shot attached)?

dominic23 wrote:

Contact Apple Customer Service in India
https://support.apple.com/en-in

Tel:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ae792701-33b4-4393-bc8a-1a7817b5026f

Jul 22, 2021 9:26 PM in response to himadri_jain_india

himadri_jain_india Said:

"My 3 months old MacBook Pro 16 inch has a busted left speaker: My 3 months old MacBook Pro 16 inch has a busted left speaker: Hi Have not heard from you guys regarding a resolution for my problem. The engineers report of the India service centre is attached here. But I am sure you guys already have this information. Please let me know what are the next steps towards the replacement of my product with a brand new one."

-------

Was this serviced? Did you get it back?

Apple makes a few fixes. They replace the parts. They do not swapout the device for a new one, until a bunch of unsuccessful attempts. So, was this serviced? Did you get it back?

We are not Apple. These are just User-to-User forums. No on here has access to your account information (and that is a good thing, BTW). So, contact them using the above post.

Jun 29, 2021 9:59 PM in response to himadri_jain_india

himadri_jain_india Said:

"My 3 months old MacBook Pro 16 inch has a busted left speaker: My 3 months old MacBook Pro 16 inch has a busted left speaker. Apple repair centre of Gurugram, India confirms it. However I do not want a repair on my MacBook Pro, I want a replacement.[...]"

-------

Based on Personal Experience:

They'll replace the speaker - not the entire Mac. After it happen to me a bunch of times (when I had 11 screen replacements), they finally swapped out the Mac for a new one.

Jul 2, 2021 5:44 PM in response to himadri_jain_india

himadri_jain_india Said:

"My 3 months old MacBook Pro 16 inch has a busted left speaker: @TheLittles ... that's so unfortunate and so unfair. It's pathetic the kind of service support they offer. Feels like they are smug and arrogant. A brand like Apple should be better. Maybe if their product design team leads the customer support and grievance resolution they might become more empathetic and responsive :)"

-------

Being Kind Pays:

To Add to my Reply: I was so respectful with my service that they gave me a free $2,500 upgrade, for no more the price of a protection plan (AppleCare Plus). So, I have a $5K Mac! I did lots of screensharing, and I am told that many customers are just purely disrespectful. Being highly interactive, with Apple learning a lot from me, on troubleshooting everything on this, it all paid off.

Point Being: Be respectful, patient, and courteous, and you might just luck out, like me.

But, eventually, it will become time to upgrade.

Jul 6, 2021 10:05 PM in response to TheLittles

Well I have not received any information or help on my problem yet. Don't think kindness cuts it and it should not. If there is problem, Apple should make sure to rectify it ... manners and kindness should not be a criteria for determining level of service. Most people are courteous and well mannered. But if one feels cheated and taken for granted then good behaviour does not solve anything.

Let's see if they can replace my brand new laptop and not make me suffer more because of a manufacturing defect in their product.

Hope they are different from other profit making companies and have more empathy and respect for their customers.

Thanks for you time

Regards

Himadri

Jul 22, 2021 9:27 PM in response to theo dudok

Hi

Have not heard from you guys regarding a resolution for my problem. The engineers report of the India service centre is attached here. But I am sure you guys already have this information.

Please let me know what are the next steps towards the replacement of my product with a brand new one.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

My 3 months old MacBook Pro 16 inch has a busted left speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.