You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot redeem my free 1 year Apple TV

Hi,

I recently purchased Apple Mac Pro (Dec 2020), and Apple Watch (June 2021). My Apple ID shows I have a free 1 yr Apple TV can be redeemed, however, I cannot redeem it. I can just click the 7 days trial on the website.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 10:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 3:14 AM

The offer was valid for 3 months after first setting up your eligible device.

Apple Watch is not eligible for the offer.

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ one year offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

4 replies

Jul 23, 2021 2:15 PM in response to BOCONNOR_1

I have only just set up my device and today is the first notice I received of my 1 year trial - so why does the redeem process send me to the 7-day trial option

One what device is this happening?

- The offer is for the purchase of select new devices from Apple or Apple Authorized Resellers.

- The offer is for the first user (by Apple ID account) of the device.

- You have to redeem on your new eligible Apple device, not on a different device where you may have received the message.

- On Macs, you have to additionally sign in to the TV app (menu Account), for the offer redeem button to show.

- For devices activated (first use) on or after July 1st, the offer is for 3 months, not a year.

Read here how to redeem in more detail: Apple TV+ offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotional trial of Apple TV+ - Apple Support

cannot redeem my free 1 year Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.