You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to select in and out range with time-codes

Hi,

• Can I know how to select the range from a clip at browser by time-codes (In time and Out time). I tried adding it using Ctrl + D, but it sets out time in FCPX.

• When I select the range manually (In & Out) and if I want to change in IN time again, are there a way to change adding time-code?

Any idea ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 10:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 10:30 AM

Cmd-P and type the timecode you want. Press I to set the In point. Repeat to enter the time for the Output. After you’ve entered the In point you can also use Cmd-D to enter a duration. If you need to go forward or backwards by a certain amount of time you can use Cmd-P and enter a + or - time. I apologize if I misunderstood the question.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2021 10:30 AM in response to bhagyaf

Cmd-P and type the timecode you want. Press I to set the In point. Repeat to enter the time for the Output. After you’ve entered the In point you can also use Cmd-D to enter a duration. If you need to go forward or backwards by a certain amount of time you can use Cmd-P and enter a + or - time. I apologize if I misunderstood the question.

Jul 2, 2021 11:08 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

It posted incorrectly. I was related to the main post and I cannot find a place to delete this reply post.

Thank you all for being support to this. All the things worked properly as mentioned by Tom. Time-code selection worked with Ctrl + P

But in case, I can't understand the + and - function, how it works. I pressed it several times and nothing changed at the time-code.

Can you please let how to work with it?

Example - Time-code remain as 1:25:00 as same while pressing the + - several times (Refer to image below)

How to select in and out range with time-codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.