You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store auto fills wrong Apple ID

I recently bought a refurbished M1 Mac Mini. When I attempt to do an update thru the app store it asks me to sign in, but the email address in the dialog box isn't mine nor anyone I know. It's also grayed out so I can't just replace it with the correct one. I've discovered a semi-workaround in that if I wait until I get a system notification and click "install" it will download the most recent update, but only one if there are multiple updates available.

Is it possible my refurb somehow "remembers" the previous owner? How do I fix this? I'm logged in as me.

Apologies if it appears you have seen this question before: I accidentally posted it in High Sierra but I’m running Big Sur.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 1:05 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

App Store auto fills wrong Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.