You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hiss / static / white noise when recording video or voice memos via microphone in lightening port

When recording video or voice memos with a headphone microphone attached (via aux adapter into lightening port, Apple brand) I get a really high level of hiss. I’ve tried a ton of fixes, including getting a brand new iPhone replacement this morning, and it happens on the new one! It’s an iPhone 11. Is this just how iPhones are? I know to expect some level of hiss with any recording. I tried the same mics with an android for comparison and the level of hiss was much lower. I don’t know how to film good content with audio this poor - is this some issue with all lightening ports trying to process audio?

Fixes I have tried:

• Getting a brand new phone replacement
  • Brand new apple lightening/aux adapter replacement
  • Three different headphone mics
  • Using alternative camera apps
  • Turning off stereo sound
  • Updating to the latest system
  • Restoring phone to factory settings
  • Recording with wifi/Bluetooth/data turned off

Any help appreciated!

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 11:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 11:35 PM

External microphone compatibility needs to be understood first. Instead try --> Creativity - iPhone Accessories - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

Hiss / static / white noise when recording video or voice memos via microphone in lightening port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.