You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t unlock my iCloud please help

Device iCloud locked they keep sending my reset email to my iCloud Email which is locked!!!

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 8:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 10:56 PM

You are trying to reset password using rescue mail address ( the verification code is going to rescue mail address , either you don't know the rescue mail address password or rescue mail address and Apple ID address are same , so can't access it .

The second option is reset password using security answers for three respective questions , the most important date of birth .

Use iforgot.apple.com from a web browser .

Go to iforgot.apple.com enter only Apple ID and click on continue .

If you have checked the box ( b ) of answer security questions , in that scenario the password can also be reset using the month / day / year of your birthday ( click on the drop down arrows of month , day and year and fill up credentials ) .

An option will be shown ( a ) back ( b ) continue .

Verify your birthday to continue , fill up the credentials and click on continue , a small circle rotates

A window appears answer your security questions , fill up the credentials and click on continue , a small circle will rotate .

It will prompt.

Enter a new password ….

Verify password …..

Your password must be at least 8 characters , include a number , an uppers case letter , & a lower case letter .

So fill up the credentials it will show ( a ) back ( b ) continue .

Click on continue and save .

Once account is accessed change the rescue mail address .

The rescue mail address is always added in the Apple ID account , sign in with Apple ID account , if it's not yet added create a web mail account say with gmail service https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/27441?hl=en

Make sure this mail address and password should be totally different than your Apple ID address / password see the section of rescue mail address in this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201356 in the same Mac open a new tab ( press command and T keys ) sign in with your gmail account here in the web mail account you will see this code , come to the old tab in which apple id account is already opened , fill up the code in the fields and click on done to save .

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2021 10:56 PM in response to iPad1981

You are trying to reset password using rescue mail address ( the verification code is going to rescue mail address , either you don't know the rescue mail address password or rescue mail address and Apple ID address are same , so can't access it .

The second option is reset password using security answers for three respective questions , the most important date of birth .

Use iforgot.apple.com from a web browser .

Go to iforgot.apple.com enter only Apple ID and click on continue .

If you have checked the box ( b ) of answer security questions , in that scenario the password can also be reset using the month / day / year of your birthday ( click on the drop down arrows of month , day and year and fill up credentials ) .

An option will be shown ( a ) back ( b ) continue .

Verify your birthday to continue , fill up the credentials and click on continue , a small circle rotates

A window appears answer your security questions , fill up the credentials and click on continue , a small circle will rotate .

It will prompt.

Enter a new password ….

Verify password …..

Your password must be at least 8 characters , include a number , an uppers case letter , & a lower case letter .

So fill up the credentials it will show ( a ) back ( b ) continue .

Click on continue and save .

Once account is accessed change the rescue mail address .

The rescue mail address is always added in the Apple ID account , sign in with Apple ID account , if it's not yet added create a web mail account say with gmail service https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/27441?hl=en

Make sure this mail address and password should be totally different than your Apple ID address / password see the section of rescue mail address in this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201356 in the same Mac open a new tab ( press command and T keys ) sign in with your gmail account here in the web mail account you will see this code , come to the old tab in which apple id account is already opened , fill up the code in the fields and click on done to save .

Jul 5, 2021 9:20 PM in response to iPad1981

iPad1981 Said:

"Can’t unlock my iCloud please help: Device iCloud locked they keep sending my reset email to my iCloud Email which is locked!!!"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Use a non-Apple.com domain eMail for your Apple ID. So, you'd open a new eMail address, and use that, instead.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Can’t unlock my iCloud please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.