You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search Bar on 2017 iPad Pro

Ever since upgrade 14.6 I can’t locate the iPad search bar. I swipe down from the top center and also swipe to the right to the widgets; still no search bar for iPad. There is a search for google chrome, but that is not what I need

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 2:47 AM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2021 2:55 AM in response to SherryMoore

From any Home screen, simply swipe downwards on the screen from anywhere other than the top of the screen or any of the screen edges. If you’re still having difficulties, touch somewhere towards the centre of the screen - and swipe down.

Do not swipe downwards from the top edge of the screen - as this invoke the Notifications panel.

The iPad User Guide for iPadOS is also a rich and often overlooked source of information. Here are links to both the downloadable and online versions of the Guide:

‎iPad User Guide on Apple Books

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

Search Bar on 2017 iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.