You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes - dotted circles in my library,

In my iTunes library I have 100's of songs with a shaded dotted circle. And the songs titles are shaded as well.

What is this and how can I fix this.

I can not even find iTunes in Settings.

beyond frustrating

Thank you

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 11:56 AM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2021 12:48 PM in response to pturner13

Thank you for the response.

Yes, the songs still play.

They are only grayed out within iTunes on Mac (macOS High Sierra V.10.13.6), under the "Devices" which is my iPhoneXS.

Most songs still play on my my iPhone...but not all of them. It makes no sense.

Thank you,

P.S. I can not update OS this Mac, Apple blocked this mac from updating any further...ugh!

Jul 7, 2021 2:24 PM in response to pturner13

Thanks for getting back to us pturner13,

Let's have you do this:

1. On the Mac, open iTunes and click on Songs to view all the songs in your library.
  2. On the left side of the song title, do you see a checkbox? If you do, make sure all the songs have a check in the box.

Any songs that do not have a check in the box may not get synced across devices, such as your iPhone.

If you don't see the checkbox, then click on iTunes in the top Menu bar > Preferences > General, and make sure "Songs list checkboxes" is selected under the "Show" section.

Try re-syncing after that and see if that resolves the issue on your iPhone.

If the issue persists, then reach out to Apple Support: Get Support

Cheers!

iTunes - dotted circles in my library,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.