You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Headphone's volume is too loud even at the lowest setting

I just bought Shure Aonic 215 and pair it with my Iphone 8 with iOS 14.6 inside. I volume is TOO LOUD even I adjust the volume slider to 6 percent. iOS14's reduce loud noise is turned on at 75 decibel, and I have tried restarting the phone, paring the headphone again, and reset the settings. Nothing works.

I tried paring my headphone with Windows 10 laptop and it workd fine, and I used wired headphone before (It's broken already).

So, I think this is an iOS problem. Do someone has a fix, or Has Apple addressed this problem??

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 8:25 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2021 4:03 AM in response to SravanKrA

There is no decibel level listed in the specifications.

Personally, I think that level 1 of the slider when listening with Shure is equal level 4-5 when listening with the normal iphone headphone.

For information, I will put Shure's specification here.

SE215 Earphone
Transducer Type
Single Dynamic MicroDriver

Sensitivity
at 1 kHz
107 dB SPL/mW

Impedance
at 1 kHz
20 Ω

Noise Attenuation
up to 37 dB

Frequency Range
21 Hz –17.5 kHz

Input Connector
MMCX connectors

Net Weight
20.8 g (.7 oz.)

Bluetooth Headphone's volume is too loud even at the lowest setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.