You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to save or copy music to Music in iOS 14

I'm unable to copy, move or save-to any music I have to Music.app within iOS, that is outside of the ecosystem of the iTunes Library, Store, etc. There are apps I can use from MacOS to copy to my phone; great, but when I'm only on the mobile device that isn't helpful.

Good example, I had an MP3 I created externally and ported it to a couple of locations, including Google Drive and to Dropbox, but there is no modal to save that content to my local mobile music library. Shucks.

Would it make sense to allow customers full utility to their library and collection to make it easier to create and listen to our content? Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 8:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 9:53 PM

• Mac Book Air Retina 13" macOS Catalina 10.15.1
  • iPhone SE with iOS 13.3:- Does not use iCloud Library
  • iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.4:- use iCloud Music Library

This is two a Step Process (To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library)

1. Apple Music: Import music (MP3) to Apple Music Library on Mac
  2. Finder: Sync between Apple Music on Mac and iPhone

Watch the GIF for the complete process

To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library.

Watch the same GIF as a QT movie file uploaded by me on YouTube:- Transfer MP3 Music from Mac (Catalina) to iPhone (iOS13.3)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2021 9:53 PM in response to Forrest

• Mac Book Air Retina 13" macOS Catalina 10.15.1
  • iPhone SE with iOS 13.3:- Does not use iCloud Library
  • iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.4:- use iCloud Music Library

This is two a Step Process (To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library)

1. Apple Music: Import music (MP3) to Apple Music Library on Mac
  2. Finder: Sync between Apple Music on Mac and iPhone

Watch the GIF for the complete process

To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library.

Watch the same GIF as a QT movie file uploaded by me on YouTube:- Transfer MP3 Music from Mac (Catalina) to iPhone (iOS13.3)

Jul 8, 2021 11:17 AM in response to SravanKrA

This is about iOS. There are no menu options to "save to Music Library" or anything of the sort -- the option for this doesn't appear to be in the API. For example, say you copy some local music to Google Drive or Dropbox (take your pick) -- wouldn't it be more useful to "save to Music Library"? I think it it would be -- or, it seems like a rather obvious useful feature.

Jul 10, 2021 9:43 AM in response to Forrest

Here's an example you can follow. Navigate to a music file on your iOS device. Let's use iCloud Drive for this example, assuming you are replicating your Desktop and there is an MP3 file available. Now, open it and it plays -- but the navigation (up arrow, lower left) has actions you can apply to this object. Naturally, being music, you might expect you could save this to your iOS music library. It's not there. This is what I'm talking about and I'm trying to understand why this is the case, as it seems like such an obvious requirement for usability.

Unable to save or copy music to Music in iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.