You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore from Time Machine?

So I am updating the Macintosh HD on my MacPro, where the OS High Sierra resides. I have a back up on Time Machine. My Mac Pro has 4 hard drives total, I do not need to restore the other three HDs. Is that an option in Time Machine Restore to select only one drive to restore? When I started the process, a warning said that my entire system would be erased, then restored. Am I missing something?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 7:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:39 AM

Hi Guerin, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it appears that you have a question about restoring your MacPro from a Time Machine backup.  We want to help. This article has the steps to Restore your Mac from a backup

If you look under section 7, it talks about selecting the information to transfer.

Best Regards!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2021 6:39 AM in response to Guerin

Hi Guerin, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it appears that you have a question about restoring your MacPro from a Time Machine backup.  We want to help. This article has the steps to Restore your Mac from a backup

If you look under section 7, it talks about selecting the information to transfer.

Best Regards!

How to restore from Time Machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.