You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air runs out of battery all the time

My husband bought me a brand new MacBook Air. The battery will be completely charged. I use it for 30mins, come back a couple days later and its dead. This happens CONSTANTLY!!!! Due to the fact I was unaware that my computer was dead AGAIN when the automatic software update was scheduled. I had a couple reminders to install surf rf but i was very busy didnt do it. Plus its supposed to happen AUTOMATICALLY. I set it up to do so. Now I go to log on and its so dam slow that my computer times out or it will spin indicating its loading then several minutes later the screen will automatically close out and the window to the dictionary will open. I contacted Apple in regards to it and they told me that I have to download big surf smoothie Maxwell. OK so I paid over $2000 for a brand new computer. If i want to have access to its content I must do as apple says and download the software update they want me to have. Essentially I’m in “time out” due to my insubordination. So now I must take time out of my busy schedule to drive to Apple do troubleshooting to get my computer working. For what I’ll because I didn’t want to download half where they told me I should not slow down my system as much. I have almost every Apple product that you could have iPhone Apple Watch iPad iMac air Mac Pro & i just feel this is a load of crap that my access is non existent. Fine for it to lag a bit but to not let me even open an internet browser or my email at all dictatorship mentality. Luckily i dont have any important deadlines for work. You pay the big bucks, you expect quality. This is acceptable!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? “Tech Support” instructed me to shut it down & restart. Now it wont come on at all urge!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 7:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 7:50 PM

Tinkerbell1215 Said:

"Apple is very controlling: My husband bought me a brand new MacBook Air. [...]Luckily i dont have any important deadlines for work. You pay the big bucks, you expect quality. This is acceptable!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? “Tech Support” instructed me to shut it down & restart. Now it wont come on at all urge!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

So, is Apple not willing to take this in for service? You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, contact Apple Support once more, requesting that they look at this directly. If you have no local Apple Store to use, then perform send-in service.

Apple is Proprietary - they run things as their own company. So, if it is less than a couple of weeks old, consider purchasing an AppleCare Plus protection plan, per se'. Go Here: https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac/

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2021 7:50 PM in response to Tinkerbell1215

Tinkerbell1215 Said:

"Apple is very controlling: My husband bought me a brand new MacBook Air. [...]Luckily i dont have any important deadlines for work. You pay the big bucks, you expect quality. This is acceptable!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? “Tech Support” instructed me to shut it down & restart. Now it wont come on at all urge!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

So, is Apple not willing to take this in for service? You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, contact Apple Support once more, requesting that they look at this directly. If you have no local Apple Store to use, then perform send-in service.

Apple is Proprietary - they run things as their own company. So, if it is less than a couple of weeks old, consider purchasing an AppleCare Plus protection plan, per se'. Go Here: https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac/

Jul 7, 2021 10:02 PM in response to Tinkerbell1215

A battery will run down whether you use it actively or it is sleeping. Having automatic updates enabled will use the battery. So will any other process that "phones home". If you are not needing it for two days, why not shut it off? Or, plug it in.

I have no idea what "big surf smoothie Maxwell" is supposed to have to do with a computer - can you provide some clarity please.

And, the two week time limit mentioned pertains to returns. if it was purchased directly from Apple, you have two weeks to return it for a refund.

The regular warranty covers hardware problems.

If you want to buy Applecare +, you have 60 days from date of purchase to buy it. It will cover both hardware and software.

FYI, you are not addressing Apple here. We are all other users volunteering our time and we do not work for Apple. So, if you wish to address Apple, you can do so via the link in the upper right corner of this page.

My MacBook Air runs out of battery all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.