You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about uploading photo albums from Mac to iCloud

I finally decided to expand my iCloud storage so I could upload my photos from the Photos app on my Mac to the cloud. I've got about 200 albums all in a folder called "iPhoto Events", about 30 Gb. The iCloud account now just shows a few photos that were taken on one of my devices and none of the photos from my Mac.

I want the photos to stay in their respective albums on iCloud, and my question is what is the best way to do that? . When I access my account on iCloud.com and open the web Photos app I see an option in the upper right to "Upload photos" and after clicking on it I can navigate to my Mac Photos file, but it shows all the photos as individual files and not grouped into albums. If I upload the photos this way will they stay in their albums? If not, how do I upload the albums?

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 7:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 9:01 PM

Either you add manually photos from one album to another ( select photos from album use command and A keys ) (

The photos are massive and 200 albums are created finest way is .

Create smart albums Create Smart Albums to group photos automatically in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Click on drop down arrows of Any and select desired album .

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2021 9:01 PM in response to rlplant

Either you add manually photos from one album to another ( select photos from album use command and A keys ) (

The photos are massive and 200 albums are created finest way is .

Create smart albums Create Smart Albums to group photos automatically in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Click on drop down arrows of Any and select desired album .

Question about uploading photo albums from Mac to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.